Saturday, February 20, 2010

Anneli's birthday















I visited my friend Anneli who had her birthday while I was there and now I can show you the cushion I made for her.We spent a week knitting and having ideas for future work. There is nothing more fertile than chatting, having fun and working with an artist friend.













I did the motives with the embellisher and then made a log cabin with wool fabric by hand



















I also did hand quilting on the surface.

The bands on the corners are a Swedish tradition I liked very much when I saw them in Sweden. As Anneli is Swedish too I thought she would like it. She did.

9 comments:

  1. I am awed by your truly beautiful work~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely dazzling! I want to be your friend too, so that you can make me beautiful gifts like this for my birthday;} hahaha. A really lovely piece. The colors, the motifs, and the stitching ALL work brilliantly with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sara!!
    I am sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gift stitched in friendship and love...I love the handstitched motifs, the give it a very folky, traditional feel. The bands on the corner are a lovely touch.
    How lucky to spend the week crafting with a kindred soul. Anneli will have many fond memories each time she looks at your beautiful gift.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really a very nice time and I thank you for all your comments. I am beginning to work regularly with the embellisher once more. We spoke with Anneli about this being such a wonderful machine, the biggest invention of the last years and how pity it was that most people are not aware of its possibilities...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails