Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back to the island - further development...

This piece found its name and I really don't know if I mean that I travelled back to Wales or if I mean by island the refuge in my farm.

I really live at home in an island , far from the madding crowd by all means. It's good for working but I have to escape often from its calm and silence. Perhaps it is because I grew up in a metropole in the middle of sky scrapers. I absolutely love the country and wouldn't like to live in the city any more but I long for a change of coulisse rather often...

I am studying further how to combine machine and hand work. They give such a different definition on the surface. I'm also trying to use some of the zillions of sequins, pearls, etc I have in my stash in a way I can visually cope with. I'm not a lover of too much of them but they have a certain spell you cannot elude...

9 comments:

  1. Love how the hand stitching defined the machine work around the birds. I love combining hand and machine work...sooooo many possibilities. Glad to see your work again, Sara. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also missed all of you, Joei. I see you are also doing some natural dyeing. I love the colors that result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have you home again.

    I really like the combination of hand and machine stitchery (especially works well with the birds). The touch of beads and sequins works well...beautiful piece.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very intrigued by your work. I hook, and am now trying to incorporate other objects and textures into my hooking..your combination of techniques are beautiful!

    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's back again, yipppieee! I've been missing your wonderful "faces".
    I will start an online course for embellishing felt in Febr. There will be at most topics for hand work. I still didn't used my sewing machine a lot...should learn it. Hmmm...maybe I could visit a workshop of you in Mank?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can also say yippiee!! you're all back. I thought you would have forgotten about me because I didn't write in the blog for ages. You're really true friends, I love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta! Y mas que nada ver la evolucion, la cual totalmente entiendo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see what you've been up to recently. Its always a pleasure to watch your progress through a work. I love th emachine stitching on the soft wool surface too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails