Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bird Bag

 
This is a rather strange piece I did for carrying my cell phone and some tools with me while working.

 
 It was actually an exercise on bonding wool/felt/knitting with the embellisher and I must admit I was very happy with the result and possibilities.
  
 The idea came from a book I have with South American indian bags. They used to knit this kind of bags with small pockets for carrying amulets (I suppose a cell phone is a modern amulet...)

 
 I made some pockets and took some pictures of the layers of knitting.
I specially like the last one (the one for the cell phone) for the way the knitting turns into felt.

5 comments:

  1. This bird bag is really something special - not only a bag and a shawl, but a kind of necklace as well! And art, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che bella, originale e che straordinaria esecuzione!
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie, Giulia! and Gabriela and Anneli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and useful. You do make some stunning pieces.

    Sandie at Rag Rescue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails