Saturday, August 29, 2009

When you begin to spin you can't stop...

...and because of that I saw a bunch of wool in pastel colours I bought in Italy during my workshop there.

They used a natural dye for it.

Here is the wool and the result.






















...nearer...

 
I love knitting squares. I spun the wool mixing colours all the time while spinning. I didn't card them. The result was similar to the one using sock wool.
I don't know yet what this will be.
I casted on 29 stitches and used a needle 4 (metric) / US 6.

8 comments:

  1. Super! The yarn and the squares look just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn to spin...I love the colours of your yarn. Looks fantastic knitted up!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I get feedback about my spinning. I can only encourage everybody to try it. I will be showing many combinations of spun yarn, knitting, embellishing and embroidering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i am getting out my old spinning wheel....

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh do! i would be curious what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! I've been knitting socks like crazy on #1 pointed. Very tedious, but I love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful variegated threads. They knit up in such a pleasing way

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails